Karthik Ram (@_inundata)

Yay Area / ✈ in transit

This is an off-site archive of all tweets posted by @_inundata ever

January 21st, 2013

@ethanwhite Ethan you are a inspiration to us all.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to ethanwhite

msanclem All you academics have seen the movie Tenure, right? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenure_(f…

via Twitter for iPad (retweeted on 7:43 PM, Jan 21st, 2013 via Tweetbot for Mac)

@msanclem @distribecology “Your pub record is non-existent except for a few in obscure online journals” - the dean. You mean @PLOS? ;)

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to msanclem

@msanclem @distribecology Going to rewatch it tonight. Just remembered it’s on Netflix streaming.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to msanclem

@distribecology Someday when I quit academia and write a Portlandia spinoff (aptly named Academia) this is how the pilot will begin.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to emhrt_

ethanwhite @eperlste also, not if I'm on the search committee @PLOSONE

via Twitter for Android (retweeted on 3:51 PM, Jan 21st, 2013 via Tweetbot for Mac)

@distribecology Ecologically AND ethically packaged new age music??? Hot Damn.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to emhrt_

emckiernan13 If publishing in journals costs me my career, then this is not the career I want. Period.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 3:26 PM, Jan 21st, 2013 via Tweetbot for Mac)

eperlste I've now heard from several tenured or near-tenure profs that publishing in @PLOSONE was career suicide. Thanks a lot Open Access

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 3:26 PM, Jan 21st, 2013 via Tweetbot for Mac)

@David_Dobbs Right now, yes. No other sources have come up.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to David_Dobbs

@hadleywickham @joshua_ulrich exactly. You’d have learned nothing if 5 year old code impressed still impressed you.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to hadleywickham

ethanwhite @ctitusbrown It's true. When I referred to Titus as "cool" twitter.com/ethanwhite/sta… my judgement was... compromised.

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 8:42 AM, Jan 21st, 2013 via Tweetbot for iOS)

phylogenomics Still adding to Mendeley collections but exploring other options in light of recent movement / Elsevier purchase rumors

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 12:25 AM, Jan 21st, 2013 via Tweetbot for Mac)