Karthik Ram (@_inundata)

Yay Area / ✈ in transit

This is an off-site archive of all tweets posted by @_inundata ever

March 19th, 2013

I love my local pub. Just spend the last hour discussing Benford’s law with an LBL emeritus prof. bit.ly/ZJ2Tn9

via Tweetbot for Mac

When I get antsy I put stuff away, clean up the house, , then go close a bunch of @github issues.

via Tweetbot for Mac

torrez When in doubt always reply all with “thanks”!

via Tweetbot for Mac (retweeted on 9:06 PM, Mar 19th, 2013 via Twitter Web Client)

@mrgunn Yes, but I’d be more selective about what i’d add to this. Some sites generally post long-form content.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to mrgunn

All of your RSS feeds in one weekly ebook. bit.ly/11d3dLX

via Tweetbot for Mac

doc_becca New post! Everybody poops (and gets rejected). Share your rejection tallies, and commiserate with your peers! scientopia.org/blogs/drbecca/…

via Echofon (retweeted on 8:21 PM, Mar 19th, 2013 via Tweetbot for Mac)

@sandramchung @ethanwhite I am also willing to be a backup dancer, Ethan.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to sandramchung

@ekansa Not disagreeing there. The system is evil (and toxic).

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to ekansa

@ekansa will Elsevier reps be at this talk?

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to ekansa

@ATredennick and you can share all your mad skillz at ESA this year!

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to ATredennick

Anyone know if Environmental Entomology accepts review articles?

via Tweetbot for Mac

@brookeborel This page has a useful example to distinguish mining from analysis. bit.ly/Yn1OCW

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to brookeborel

@brookeborel If your insight emerged organically from the data. In your case you had a question and gathered some data from a larger source.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to brookeborel

@swcarpentry @fperez is there.
I might go down there later in the week.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to swcarpentry

sayrer Note: "Fireside Chats" were speeches, not interviews. Also, FDR's depression-era communication may not be the best model for your PR.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:34 PM, Mar 19th, 2013 via Twitter Web Client)

@IanMulvany Your wife is not wrong on the second part. ;)

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to IanMulvany

@brookeborel I can’t think of a fancy term but it’s just regular data analysis. Mining would suggest something different.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to brookeborel

alienvsrobbins Yeats was once denied a post at Trinity College because he misspelled the word "professor" on his application.

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 2:04 PM, Mar 19th, 2013 via Twitter Web Client)

@recology_ you really need to nail down a tried and true method.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to sckottie

@brookeborel cool effort! I would have done it programmatically. also wouldn’t use the term data mining.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to brookeborel

Coursefork bit.ly/14anDK1
Fork teaching material.

A more user friendly git wrapper?

via Tweetbot for Mac

Data management workshop by @carlystrasser at UC Berkeley. April 11th. Bioscience Library training room, 2189 VLSB, 11-12am.

via Tweetbot for Mac

@eperlste I want to overcome. I’ll volunteer to be in your study.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to eperlste

@vsbuffalo dm me. Can grab it if we have a sub.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to vsbuffalo

craigmod So frequently I want to begin a tweet with someone's Twitter handle. But I refuse to .@ it. So I recompose.

Odd and geeky constraint.

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 1:10 PM, Mar 19th, 2013 via Twitter Web Client)

A bunch of engineers having a really rough time with git.

vimeo.com/60788996

cc /@gvwilson @swcarpentry

via Tweetbot for Mac

Always think of @gvwilson and SWC when I se git related jokes on twitter. “how i do git bukk.it/howidogit.gif ᔥ @beep

via Tweetbot for Mac

@eperlste which makes it all the more hard to give up, right?

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to eperlste

ThatsEarth Animal handlers of the Oregon Zoo took an elephant out to meet the other animals. She seems to like the sea lion! pic.twitter.com/zktOEMk9f4

via Buffer (retweeted on 1:00 PM, Mar 19th, 2013 via Tweetbot for Mac)

@ethanwhite They are essentially charging us 2k to hit the “blog this” button without doing any work.

via Tweetbot for Mac in reply to ethanwhite